Tuesday, February 1, 2011

L.A. Bus Story

A Santa Monica-bound Metro Rapid Bus 720 on Wilshire Boulevard in Westwood. Image Credit: AllyUnion
Yes, America. People walk in L.A. And they bike. And they take the bus. And the subway. Oh, and some of them drive cars too. But SoCal's preferred mode of transportation isn't what a recent story in the Washington Post Travel section is all about. Writer Necee Regis takes readers on a bus-riding adventure along the wide boulevards of the City of Angels and has only positive things to say about her experience traversing the sprawling, car-centric city.

I can certainly identify with the article because I used to live in Los Angeles and about a year before I moved back to D.C. I sold my car and exclusively took public transportation from Venice to downtown to Burbank and everywhere in between. So I was happy to see L.A.'s excellent bus system get such a positive write-up.

Click here to read the story "Above it all in L.A. traffic."

No comments:

Post a Comment