Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Riding L.A. Metro


Photos and videos of a recent trip to Los Angeles where I hopped on the city's excellent public transit system that is improving and expanding every day.

Having come from Washington, D.C., where our Metro system is a dysfunctional mess to say the least, it was refreshing to experience a transit system boldly moving forward, not afraid to innovate and experiment.

Most importantly, L.A. Metro is emphasizing customer service in a way that D.C. Metro is not, at least not yet. When I arrived via Amtrak to Union Station and took the escalator down to the Red/Purple Line station, I was greeted by four or five friendly Metro employees asking me if I needed any help figuring out how to purchase a fare card or TAP card and if I had any questions about navigating the system. They all had bright smiles, very cheerful and friendly, the opposite of Metro's sometimes surly station managers.

Here is video riding the Red/Purple Line:



And video of the Gold Line:



And pictures:

Riding L.A. Metro

No comments:

Post a Comment